Frequently Asked Questions
What are the hours of the garage?
- The garage operates 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Staff is on-site Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. to answer your questions or offer additional assistance. Afterhours help can be summoned by pressing the CALL FOR HELP button located on the Automated Payment Machine in the Exit Lane. On-Call assistance is available 24/7.
- Daily parking transactions occur, prior to returning to your vehicle, at our Walk-Up Pay Station located by the Ground Floor elevator.
- Please Note: Once you have paid your fee at the Walk-Up Pay Station, you have a 15 Minute grace period to exit the building. Departures which occur beyond the 15 minute grace period will result in additional charges.
- (Payments for individual passes are explained in your pass contract)
What are the vehicle size restrictions of the garage?
- The garage can accommodate vehicles up to 6’9” in height. We do not accept motorcycles, dually type trucks, oversized trucks / SUV’s, vehicles with snowplows or vehicles towing trailers.
Can I leave my vehicle in the garage for multiple days?
- Yes. We DO offer multiple day parking. Contact the Garage Manager for more information. Please note that vehicles CANNOT be stored in the garage. Vehicles, which are parked in the same space for extended periods of time without prior approval, are subject to towing.
Can I make a reservation for summer parking while we vacation in Portland?
- Generally, we can be of assistance if we have 4-5 business days advance notice although it is not uncommon for the garage to sell-out during peak season. When contacting us at email@example.com please be prepared to give us specific arrival/departure dates, the size of the vehicle and a contact number should we need to speak with you. Refer to the Passes page for information on types of passes available.
Do you have ADA accessible parking?
- Parking for guests with disabilities is located on floors 2 – 5, directly in front of the elevator. All ADA spaces are wheelchair accessible and clearly marked.
Do you have EV Charging Stations?
- We currently do NOT offer EV charging stations for the general public. A list of parking garages and facilities in the Old Port area which offer use of EV charging stations can be found on the City of Portland website.
Frequently Answered Questions:
- The Elevator is located on the 1st Floor by the Exit Door, nearest the entry gate.
- Handicap Parking is available on Floors 2 – 5 directly next to the Elevator and Stairwell.
- The Garage is height restricted at 6’ 9”.
- Oversized vehicles, motorcycles, trailers, RV’s, and snowplows are NOT allowed in the Garage.
- The entrance to the State and County Courthouse is located directly across the street at 205 Newbury Street.
- The entrance to the Federal Courthouse is located about 1.5 blocks from the garage at 156 Federal Street, on the corner of Federal and Market Street.
- To receive complimentary parking you MUST have your parking ticket validated by Jury personnel or daily parking charges MAY apply.
192 Newbury Street, Portland, ME (GPS address not mailing)
Office phone: 207.871.5890 (This phone has voicemail)
Cell phone: 207.252.8827 (7:30 – 6:00)
Operation Hours: 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
Staff is onsite Mon - Fri, from 7:30 am – 6:00 pm