Public Parking at the Cumberland County Garage
192 Newbury Street, Portland, ME
The Cumberland County parking garage is conveniently located in Portland’s Old Port, and offers hourly and monthly public parking for visitors to the city.
As of August 6, 2021, Face masks are REQUIRED in the parking garage until further notice.
IMPORTANT NOTE: As of October 4, 2020 the garage will NOT accept cash. Payment is via Debit Card or Credit Card ONLY. We will continue to accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Amex is NOT accepted.
We offer multiple types of Monthly Parking options.
- Unrestricted Parking Pass: This pass is subject to availability. Please contact the garage manager directly for more information via email@example.com
or call (207) 699-1942.
- Off-Peak Parking Pass: This pass is designed primarily for the reverse commuter or local residents. This pass allows you to park M-F from 4 p.m. until 8 a.m. the next morning. Weekends are unrestricted. This pass does NOT allow parking during normal business hours (8 a.m. - 4 p.m.).
- Weekend Parking Pass: Do you visit Portland on the weekends? We have a pass designed specifically for you. From 4 p.m. Friday until 8 a.m. Monday, you have unrestricted use of the garage.
- Short-Term Pass: Visiting Portland for a week or 2? Depending upon prevailing capacity, you may be able to secure a Short-Term Unrestricted Pass for your visit. Please call or email the garage manager for more specific information.
Hourly Parking Rates
$3.50 per hour
$25 maximum per 24 hours
We accept credit and debit. Sorry, AMEX is not accepted.
Snow Ban Parking Rates
When the city of Portland announces a Citywide OR Yellow Zone parking ban due to inclement weather, we offer reduced-rate overnight parking for our guests:
$10 flat fee
Enter the garage AFTER 4:30 p.m.
Exit the garage BEFORE 7:30 a.m.
Special Event Parking
We offer special event rates for the Merrill Auditorium, for the Old Port Festival, for the Maine Marathon and other events in Portland. Rates vary by event, and are posted at the garage. Additionally, we offer group rates and direct billing options. Please contact the garage for additional information and availability.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are the hours of the garage?
The garage operates 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. All transactions occur at our Automated Payment Machine and our Walk-Up Paystation. We have on-site staff Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. to answer questions and offer additional assistance.
- What are the vehicle size restrictions of the garage?
The garage can accommodate vehicles up to 6’9” in height. Unfortunately, we cannot accept motorcycles, vehicles with snowplows or vehicles towing trailers.
- Can I leave my vehicle in the garage for multiple days?
Yes. We DO offer multiple day parking for our guests. Please contact the Garage Manager for more information, restrictions and prior approval. Please note that vehicles CANNOT be stored in the garage. Vehicles which are parked in the same spot for extended periods of time, without prior approval, are subject to booting, towing or additional fines.
- Can I make a reservation for summer parking while we vacation in Portland?
Yes. Many of our summer visitors find it convenient to contact the garage prior to arrival to ensure we can accommodate their vehicle.
- Does the garage offer Monthly Parking Passes?
We currently have a waiting list for our Unrestricted Monthly Parking Passes. However, we still have space available for Off-Peak and Weekend-Only Passes. Please contact the garage at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional information or wish to be added to our waiting list.
- Do you have ADA accessible parking?
Parking for guests with disabilities is located on floors 2 – 5, directly in front of the elevator. All ADA spaces are wheelchair accessible and clearly marked.