- Community Development (CDBG)
- Reports & Plans
Reports & Plans
HOME-ARP Allocation Plan
CLICK HERE TO READ THE DRAFT ALLOCATION PLAN
The American Rescue Plan appropriated funds to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to distribute under the HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME). This offshoot of the HOME program is called HOME-ARP. The funds are intended to serve qualifying populations who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, fleeing domestic violence, or other vulnerable populations. The Cumberland County HOME Consortium will receive $3,594,143 through this program.
The allocation of these funds requires the submission and approval of a HOME-ARP Allocation Plan to HUD. A draft of the plan is available for public comment from February 8, 2023 to March 10, 2023. There will also be 4 public hearings:
Cumberland County Commissioner Meetings
Monday February 13, 2023 at 5:30pm
Monday March 13, 2023 at 5:30pm
142 Federal St, Portland, ME Cumberland County Courthouse Feeney Room
City of Portland
Housing & Economic Development Committee Tuesday February 21, 2023 at 5:30pm (remote)
City Council Monday, March 20, 2023 at 5:00 pm
389 Congress St, City Hall, Council Chambers or remotely as allowed in the City of Portland Remote Meeting Policy
Annual Action Plan
The Annual Action Plan describes what is planned for the upcoming program year including:
- Projects selected for funding and how these fit into the program’s long-term plan
- The program’s anticipated actions over the coming year in meeting other long-term goals
- County commissioner comments and response to the plan
- Documentation of public notices and any public comments along with county responses
The Annual Action Plan must be approved by HUD (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) before it can be implemented.
HUD Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation & Report (CAPER)
While the Annual Action Plan is primarily tasked with looking forward, the CAPER is primarily tasked with looking back. The CAPER is a HUD-required report that looks back over the past program year and systematically accounts for:
- All expenditures including dollars spent on specific projects
- The number of people or households benefited by each project
- The extent to which goals set forth in the Annual Action Plans were met
HUD 5-Year Consolidated Plan
Cumberland County's 2022-2026 Five Year Consolidated Plan is now available for review! Two public hearings will be held on this plan during the April 11th and May 9th Commissioner's Meetings. A public comment period will run from April 11th to May 10th.
Click here to download this latest version of the Consolidated Plan, including 2022 final CDBG allocations. The draft plan will be submitted to HUD for review on or about June 10th. HUD then has 45 days to review and approve the plan.
The 5-Year Consolidated Plan is a comprehensive plan required by HUD. The plan is intended to identify needs within our communities and establish priorities for meeting those needs over a 5-year period. Much of the content in the "Con Plan" is prescribed by HUD.
Other Plan Documents
- DRAFT 2023 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
- Cumberland County along with the City of Portland are working with Root Policy Research to complete a new 2023 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing (AI) study. A public hearing on the Draft Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing will take place on May 8th at 5:30 pm during the Cumberland County Commissioner's meeting at the Cumberland County Courthouse, Feeney Room. Please submit all public comment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Updated (2022) Citizen Participation Plan
- This updated Citizen Participation Plan was implemented as part of the County's 2022-2026 Five Year Consolidated Plan