Reports & Plans
Annual Action Plan
The Annual Action Plan describes what is planned for the upcoming program year including:
- Projects selected for funding and how these fit into the program’s long-term plan
- The program’s anticipated actions over the coming year in meeting other long-term goals
- County commissioner comments and response to the plan
- Documentation of public notices and any public comments along with county responses
The Annual Action Plan must be approved by HUD (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) before it can be implemented.
HUD Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation & Report (CAPER)
While the Annual Action Plan is primarily tasked with looking forward, the CAPER is primarily tasked with looking back. The CAPER is a HUD-required report that looks back over the past program year and systematically accounts for:
- All expenditures including dollars spent on specific projects
- The number of people or households benefited by each project
- The extent to which goals set forth in the Annual Action Plans were met
HUD 5-Year Consolidated Plan
Cumberland County's 2022-2026 Five Year Consolidated Plan is now available for review! Two public hearings will be held on this plan during the April 11th and May 9th Commissioner's Meetings. A public comment period will run from April 11th to May 10th.
Click here to download this latest version of the Consolidated Plan, including 2022 final CDBG allocations. The draft plan will be submitted to HUD for review on or about June 10th. HUD then has 45 days to review and approve the plan.
The 5-Year Consolidated Plan is a comprehensive plan required by HUD. The plan is intended to identify needs within our communities and establish priorities for meeting those needs over a 5-year period. Much of the content in the "Con Plan" is prescribed by HUD.
Other Plan Documents
- 2010 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (PDF)
- Cumberland County along with the City of Portland are working with Root Policy Research to complete a new 2022 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing (AI) study. A draft of the analysis is expected to be ready for public comment by Summer 2022.
- Updated (2022) Citizen Participation Plan
- This updated Citizen Participation Plan was implemented as part of the County's 2022-2026 Five Year Consolidated Plan