Mission Statement: The mission of the Cumberland County Finance Department is to administer to the financial needs of the County in a prudent and professional manner in accordance with the generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP).
The Finance Department is responsible for six primary areas:
1. General financial oversight of all aspects of daily County activities.
2. Yearly budget development and presentation for expense budget in excess of $30 million dollars.
3. Payroll administration for 407 employees resulting in over 20,000 checks per year.
4. Assist County treasurer with accounts payable.
5. Work collaboratively with the human resources office on employee benefit administration.
6. Procurement of all product and services for County needs through the activities of the County's purchasing agent.