Cumberland County Deeds Fee Schedule
The cost of making copies of records at the office of the Register of Deeds are as follows:
$1.00 per page for copies
$5.00 per page for plans
- For Standard Copy — $1.00 per page
- For Certified Copy — $1.00 per page plus $2.00 for certification of document.
For all documents:
- First page - $22.00
- Each additional page - $2.00 per page.
- Names in excess of four to be indexed - $1.00 per name.
- Marginal references - $13.00 each after the first one.
A tax of $4.40 per thousand is imposed upon the sale, granting or transfer of real estate and any interest therein. The transfer tax is equally divided between the buyer and the seller, unless exempt pursuant to Title 36, §4641-C. An exemption from the transfer tax must be clearly stated on the deed being recorded as well as on the Declaration of Value Form that must accompany the deed.
- Plans (accompanied by a paper copy) - $24.00
- Minimum size - 12" X 18"
- Maximum size - 24" X 36"
- Materials: Be drawn upon strong linen cloth or polyester film with archival photographic image.
- Seals: Be embossed, sealed or both, with the seal of an architect, professional engineer, or registered land surveyor.
- Signature: Contain the signature and address of the person who prepared the plan.
- Recording Information: Provide a space for recording the county, date, time, plan book and page or file number and register’s attest.
- Title: Provide a title block containing the name of the plan, the record owner’s name and address, the location by street and town and the date of the plan.
- Must provide a paper copy.
Requirements for Recording Documents:
- Name must be typed or printed below the signature line
- Corporate name must be typed at signature for indexing.
- Must have the original document.
- Must be acknowledged and notarized.
- Deeds conveying property must include a transfer tax form, and pay tax, unless exempt.
- Maximum of 20 names on an assignment.
- Each document must contain the name of a grantor and a grantee.