Cumberland County has created a regional assessing program designed to ensure quality, professional assessing services to interested municipalities within the County at a reduced cost. Renée Lachapelle has been appointed director of the Cumberland County Regional Assessing Program has taken the oath of office as the official Assessor for the below listed towns:
Casco, Falmouth, Gorham, and Yarmouth
The Regional Assessing Program:
- Provides full assessing services for their contracted municipalities and is responsible for determining the valuation of specific municipal exempt and taxable, real and personal property;
- Is based at 25 Pearl Street in Portland and has satellite offices within each participating municipality’s town hall;
- Functions irrespective of the number of municipalities participating;
- Exists as a County Enterprise Fund;
- Is provided IT support by the County;
- Aims to break-even financially;
- Staff are Cumberland County employees;
- Assessing Director is appointed as each Town’s Assessor.
Our office provides all the traditional services required of a municipal assessor in accordance with and in compliance with Maine State Statute (MRSA Title 36).
Renee Lachapelle, Director, CMA, State Certified General Appraiser
Bruce Kerns, Deputy Assessor, CMA
Christian Kuhn, Assistant Assessor, CMA
Ben Thompson, Appraiser, CMA
Elizabeth Bragdon, Office Administrator/Appraiser Trainee
Wendy Longley, Office Administrator
The Regional Assessing staff has collectively over 75 years of varied expertise in the valuation of business personal property, commercial, residential, industrial properties. Our staff is dedicated to providing quality and professional assessing services.
The Regional Assessing main office is based at 25 Pearl Street, Portland, with offices continuing to be maintained within each of the participating municipality’s town halls. Many of the town halls maintain a public computer terminal for use by visitors to town hall. Administrative support staff is located in each of the municipalities we service. They are available to assist in servicing the public with assessing related questions, and forms. Appointments can be scheduled with a staff assessor in any of the participating town halls during the workweek, at the regional office in Portland, or on-site when requesting a property update and/or inspection.
For more information contact the Director of Regional Assessing Renee Lachapelle at 207-699-2475.